Placed in the beautiful village of Carmunnock, within the City of Glasgow boundary and lying less than three miles of East Kilbride and Rutherglen in South Lanarkshire, Stewart Milne Homes plans to offer a collection of premium 1 & 2 bedroom apartments and 3, 4 and 5 bedroom detached homes.
With excellent local amenities, its own primary school and a network of footpaths through stunning woodland parks, Carmunnock offers quality family living in a beautiful rural setting. The proposed development complements the surrounding village and embraces the rural character of the site with fantastic views out Cathkin Braes Country Park and Coulter’s Wood to the North and East. The new development will include a children’s play area and an area of landscaped open space for families to enjoy.
The development sits within the admission area for Carmunnock Primary School, and two secondary schools – Castlemilk and St Margaret Mary’s.
Just a short drive from either the M77 and M74 motorways and with Busby train station less than 2 miles away, commuting to and from Carmunnock, and its wonderful surroundings, is very easy.
Around and about
- East Kilbride with all its amenities is just a 9 minute drive away.
- The kids will love the Air Space trampoline park, just a ten minute drive on the outskirts of East Kilbride. It’s open till late throughout the week with different sessions per age group.
- Enjoy a stroll or a picnic in Cathkin Braes Country Park, renowned for its panormonic views over the city.
- Golfers can also make the most of the Cathkin Braes Golf Club, located within the park.
- Mitchell’s restaurant comes highly recommended and can be found within Carmunnock village centre.
- Glasgow City Centre is a short distance away, with its museums and art galleries (including Gallery of Modern Art and The Lighthouse), as well as the city’s famous ‘Style Mile’ for shopping, restaurants and bars.
- On the Southside of the city, you’ll find Glasgow Quay. This leisure complex offers a cinema, bowling alley and restaurants for a great family day out.
- Glasgow Green is a 15 minute drive away. Enjoy a walk next to the River Clyde and visit the stunning Glasgow Cathedral and Necropolis, located just outside of the city centre in Glasgow’s East End. Drygate brewery is also a must, where you can enjoy delicious food and drink.