Welcome to Shawfair
MidlothianExclusive Offers Available
Within Shawfair we’ve created a new and exclusive selection of homes that have all been carefully designed by our award-winning architects to ensure each home meets your aspirations.
Our new ‘Villages’ range of homes at Shawfair comprise a choice of 3, 4, 5 and 6 bedroom detached family homes.
These are all homes that have been re-imagined and re-designed to meet the needs of contemporary living. You’ll find spacious interiors, stunning kitchens and attractive exteriors to suit buyers from young couples starting out to growing families and professionals.
Shawfair, Midlothian is a new community offering spacious country style living within easy reach of Edinburgh.
The thoughtfully designed town centre of Shawfair will bring a range of local shops and restaurants to your door. Cafes, bars, galleries, sports facilities and a swimming pool will all feature alongside parkland and open water. Work is already underway on new and upgraded nursery, primary and secondary education to serve families moving to the area.
And, of course, beyond being able to enjoy the plethora of attractions available in the city of Edinburgh itself, you’ll be ideally located for amenities across the Lothians and Scottish Borders.
Why not take a tour from your sofa now using our new interactive platform and discover Shawfair in a way you never have before!
Click here to take a tour
- To be Released
- Early Bird Reserved
Location and local area
Nestled on the edge of The Wisp and Village of Danderhall with the captivating Pentland Hills, Shawfair North, with a blend of mining villages, market towns and city living all situated amongst its natural beauty; Stewart Milne Homes plan to build a collection of around 115 premium 3, 4, 5 & 6 bedroom detached homes in Shawfair North accessed from ‘The Wisp’.
Rural living means cleaner air, and an altogether more natural environment. What’s planned is an overall area that consists of a well-defined and attractive town centre with restaurants, offices, shops, markets, art galleries, libraries, health centres, a swimming pool and nursery and school education from ages 3 onwards.
Schooling provision within Shawfair will develop in anticipation of the increasing number of families moving there.
Current arrangements/timescales for additional provision:
- Dalkeith Secondary School - currently open to Shawfair pupils.
- Danderhall Primary School - currently open to Shawfair pupils.
- Danderhall Primary School, redeveloped learning campus with leisure and library facilities - open to Shawfair pupils from August 2020.
- Shawfair Town Centre Primary School (part of the new Community Campus) - open to Shawfair pupils in 2024.
- Shawfair Town Centre Secondary School (part of the new Community Campus) - open to Shawfair pupils in 2026.
- Nursery and pre-school facilities are planned for the town centre, within easy reach of transport hubs and the new Community Campus.
The Edinburgh City Bypass (A720) offers quick links to Edinburgh Airport (14 miles), Glasgow (50 miles) and other destinations. The A1 is only minutes away.
Shawfair railway station is right beside the emerging town centre with train journey times to and from Edinburgh taking only 15 minutes.
Sheriffhall Park and Ride operated by City of Edinburgh Council - is minutes from Shawfair beside the A7, with over 500 spaces and frequent buses to the city centre via the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
Eight miles of cycle and walking paths are being designed to encourage active travel.
Around and about
Shawfair is within easy reach of lots of local attractions, covering a range of interests - from coastline and beaches to hills and woodland, from shopping destinations and museums to adventure playgrounds and castles.
- Dalkeith Country Park features Fort Douglas adventure park and Restoration Yard Store, Cafe and Wellbeing Lab as well as miles of country walks.
- Craigmillar Castle, famously home to Mary Queen of Scots, is one of the many Historic Scotland attractions in the area.
- National Mining Museum Scotland celebrates the rich industrial heritage of the area.
- Newhailes House & Gardens, a National Trust property on an impressive estate with a new adventure play park.
- Portobello Beach is an award-winning beach perfect for swimming, sunbathing and exploring the unique town centre.
- Fort Kinnaird Retail Park is Edinburgh's top retail destination boasting over 70 shops, restaurants and a 7-screen cinema.
- Pentland Hills Regional Park offers over 100km of waymarked walking paths.
Visit Us At
Opening HoursThursday – Monday 10.30am – 5.30pm
Make An Enquiry
We could save you thousands of pounds if you’re buying in Scotland.
Let us be your guaranteed buyer. We’ll give you an offer for your current home within 5 days.
Living at Shawfair
Images shown are for illustrative purposes only and are not to be presumed to be entirely accurate, individual properties may differ. Please contact a Sales Consultant for further details of this beautiful home.