Shower cubicles and baths
Your shower cubicle requires to be maintained on a regular basis:
- Silicone sealant – please ensure that these are regularly cleaned using a non-abrasive cleaner. They will require to be maintained on an annual basis. If any areas appear to be de-bonding it is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that this is addressed by removing the silicone and re-applying. Failure to maintain this or report any issues immediately to Stewart Milne Homes could result in excessive works being required to resolve the issue.
- Grout – please ensure that the grout is cleaned using a proprietary product suitable for cleaning grout, this will ensure the characteristics of the grout are not diminished by aggressive chemicals.
- Shower screens seals – these must be inspected on a regular basis to ensure that they are functioning correctly and sealing along the bottom of the shower. Check that they are not loose or kinked through use.
Your bath also requires some degree of maintenance on a regular basis:
- You may notice a small gap appearing around the edge of bath after initial use. This is not a defect however this will be attended to by Stewart Milne Homes. Please contact our Customer Care department to arrange for this to be attended to. If this is not attended to it will allow water to penetrate around the edge and potentially lead to damage to the ceiling below.
- Over bath handset – if you have a shower handset fitted in the bath you must undertake the same cleaning regime as you would for a shower cubicle for the silicone sealant and grout – see above.
Metal fixtures and fittings
- Please ensure that you are using a non-abrasive proprietary cleaner for the hinges on the toilet seat and all other fixture and fittings in the bathroom and en-suite. Aggressive cleaning materials can cause discolouration and flaking of the finish which is not covered by the Stewart Milne Homes warranty.