NHBC Warranty and Insurance
Your home is backed up with quality customer service and comprehensive warranties:
- 30 Day courtesy visit to ensure any issues are addressed.
- Customer enquiry line available within office hours, Monday to Friday.
- The Stewart Milne Guide to Living in your New Home covering the working aspects of your new home.
- A two year Stewart Milne Homes warranty.
- A 8 year National House Builders Council (NHBC) warranty.
Key facts you should know about NHBC and the Buildmark warranty:
- NHBC is the UK’s leading consumer protection organisation for new home construction.
- NHBC is independent of the Government and house builders.
- NHBC has no shareholders. Any surplus generated is reinvested within NHBC’s products and services to aid the continual improvement in the quality of new home construction.
- NHBC Standards are accepted as the definitive standards used for UK new home construction and conversion.
- The Standards are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure they remain relevant to minimise potential defects during construction.
- NHBC employs over 1,000 staff across the UK whose aim is to support the industry to build homes to NHBC standards.
- NHBC is the only warranty provider that has undisputed technical expertise inhouse, employing qualified technical experts for the key stages of new home construction, including: inspectors, building surveyors, engineers and sustainability consultants, which demonstrates their dedication to improve the standards of new homes.
- All new houses registered with NHBC are inspected an average of five times by NHBC inspectors.
- NHBC’s Buildmark is the UK’s most comprehensive new home warranty available.
- NHBC provides a Resolution Service if there is a disagreement regarding the builders’ obligations.
- Deposit protection from exchange of contracts.
- A 2 year builder warranty from legal completion, backed by NHBC's resolution service.
- 8 years of structural defects insurance cover.
- A resolution service us only offered for the first 2 years of the builders warranty period, after the builders full complaint process has been exhausted then a resolution service is available when certain conditions have been met.
To find out more please visit NHBC website.